3 underrated but potent vitamins!
I have a little secret about 3 super potent vitamins that are great for our health and wellness yet we often overlook them… Can you guess what they are?
I’ll give you a clue: they are all around you, don’t cost a dime and are accessible at any time of day…
That’s right! I’m talking about nature, fresh air and sunshine!
Vitamins are everywhere!
Nature itself is a multi-vitamin world but it’s often the last thing we turn to for our vitamin fix simply because we are not conditioned to think of it as… nutritious. But it is… so hold tight while I go into more detail…
So what are my 3 most underrated yet most potent vitamins?
1. Vitamin N = Nature
2. Vitamin FA= Fresh Air
3. Vitamin S = Sunshine
Never heard of them before? Well, don’t worry because you have now!
Did you know that instead of exploring the great outdoors the average Canadian spends most of their time stuck in stale offices and dark living rooms?
Even kids today spend 2 hours less on sports and outdoor activities per week than they did 20 years ago.
Well unfortunately, all this indoor living is devastating our health!
Research shows that children who get more “vitamins N, FA and S” have lower stress levels, more success in school, and fewer ADHD symptoms. And adults who exercise and socialize more in nature are happier people all round.
We all know that simply being in sunlight triggers our skin to make vitamin D, also known as the ‘sunshine vitamin’. Research has linked low vitamin D levels with depression, obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, autoimmune disease, osteoporosis and cancer.
To make sure you have enough Vitamin D, be sure to get at least 15-20 minutes outside WITHOUT sunscreen.
Why? Because sunscreen (high and low SPF factors) prohibits the body from making vitamin D by 95 %.
So in light of all this it is so important to get outside and get lots of nature (VITAMIN N), fresh air (VITAMIN FA) and sunshine (VITAMIN S)—these are super potent forms of food for our bodies!
How can I get more Vitamin N, Vitamin FA and Vitamin S?
● Make outdoor adult play mandatory—swim in pools, go for a walk, pack a picnic or catch fireflies.
● To avoid the typical 3pm slump, take a 10-15min walk outside and drink in fresh air instead of coffee.
● Try gardening! Getting your hands in the dirt is actually good for you—there’s a strain of bacterium in soil—Mycobacterium vaccae—that has been found to trigger the release of serotonin, which in turn elevates mood and decreases anxiety. No wonder kids already know that digging deep in dirt makes them happy!
● Move your kitchen outside—fire up the grill and make fun creations such as fruit kebabs, or if you have kids, let them personalize meats by brushing on sauces before cooking.
● Sleep under the stars—even if camping without a bathroom isn’t for you, you can pitch a tent or put up a hammock in your backyard!
What do I do now?
I hear it all the time- I’m too busy to make time for these things. I get that! Let’s talk and figure out a way to find more time to enjoy the simple pleasures. Book your Free, No Obligation Call Today!
Transformational Health Coach